Before we look into Facebook's Graph Search let first look at where it all began with the original FB pillar.
- NEWS First we had our personal accounts with the news feed which was is awesome. Most of us log in just about daily and see everything that our friends have posted and share are own opinions, pictures, video links etc.
- Timeline The next pillar Mr. Z and team introduced was the Timeline, This gave us our own personal area, a little like good old My Space. We can add nice big timeline images and control everything on the page. Timeline gives users control over a personal page to display our favorite content be it conversations, pictures, videos and everything about our favorite people (meaning ourselves) and so forth.
- Graph Search And now the next FB pillar will be Graph Search and this will allow a new type of searching never before attempted by the social media giant. It could also become a game changer and a real pain for Google, Yelp, Linkedin and so many other search sites if it takes off, and with their massive user base it may do just that "watch this space"
What and How
- My friends who like Thai food
- friends who like road trips
- bands my friends listen to
- countries in Asia my friends have been to
- Friends that work at my company that brew their own beer
- Friends who prefer the original Star Trek over the Next Generation
Ready to give it a Go?
Facebook are nearly ready to push out Graph Search to the masses well the English speaking ones for now anyway. You will need to join the waiting list for now if you wish to get into the Beta launch.
If you would like to join the waiting list to try Facebook's Graph Search go to http://www.facebook.com/graphsearch