Our approach to Search Engine Optimization is to follow the rules.
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is a job within itself. Our approach is to follow the rules and guidelines set by the search engines, and then provide you with the tools and knowledge to carry it forward.
SEO for each PAGE of your website.
A common misconception of Search Engine Optimization is that you are trying to rank your website as a whole within the search engines. However, the goal is to try and rank EACH page of your website for a specific key word or keyword phrase. This enhances your opportunity to rank for multiple keywords or keyword phrases that are associated to your business.
Search Engines want to provide the best possible results.
It is important to remember that the search engines are robots, they take things very literal. Therefore, you must clearly spell out to them what your services are, and the specific terms that are important to your business. They also take other things into consideration such as:
- Your website being easy to use, navigate, and understand
- That you provide direct, actionable information relevant to the query that was input
- Your website must be professionally designed and accessible to modern browsers
- Your website must deliver high quality, legitimate, and credible content
SEO is a popularity contest.
A few of the main reasons you go up and down in the search engines is based on how many unique visits you get to your website, the amount of time people spend on each page, and the actions they take once on your website (so stop visiting your own website 10 times a day, it isn't helping you). A blog is a GREAT way to continually add fresh content, drive traffic, and to get people to hang around on your website longer.
What else should I know?
As we mentioned above, SEO is a popularity contest, so the goal is to get people to visit your website on a consistent basis. We also believe that there is no better person to market your business than you, that is why we provide you with the proper tools and knowledge to continue your efforts on an ongoing basis. Some ways to achieve that include:
- Get your customers to link to you
- Use of a blog for valuable, informative and entertaining information
- Create content that inspires viral sharing
- Be newsworthy
- Use Social Media to market your website